With the Bowral Classic just two weeks away you might be prepared for the Gran Fondo event, but is your bike ready and gear packed to go?
There’s still time to make those final checks and to tick items off the all-important ‘to pack’ list! If you haven’t yet booked the bike in for a service you should do it now or clean and properly lubricate the drivetrain, check and adjust the hex bolts on all critical components such as the seat post, saddle clamps, stem, bars and brakes.
What To Bring
Here’s a handy checklist to help ensure you’ve got everything ready.
- Your bike – Serviced, the chain lubed, tyres properly inflated and all ready to ride.
- Cycling Kit – Suitable for the conditions (fingers crossed for sunshine!) Socks, knicks, jersey, gloves and an under shirt is always a good idea.
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling cap
- Photo ID
- Chamois Cream (yes … Butt Cream).
- Sun Screen
- Multi Tool
- 2 X water bottles
- Your fully charged bike computer
- Nutrition – Muesli bars & nutrition products along with jelly sweets & bananas will be supplied at each rest stop along the way. SiS have a fantastic range of nutrition, hydration and recovery options!
- Bike Pump – One on the bike and a track up in the car for the pre-ride top up. There will be pumps available at the start area but be warned – it will be busy.
- Coffee Money – There are many cafes in the Southern Highlands + plenty of coffee options near the start line as well.
- 2 x inner tubes – Riders should be able to change tubes by themselves. Not so familiar with this – it’s a critical skill to have and it would be a good idea to practice before the event.
- An air canister, cartridges & tyre levers.
Other than that, there’s plenty of other helpful information here on the News section of the Bowral Classic event website. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
Any questions? Message us via the Bowral Classic Facebook page or email [email protected]