The Bowral Classic Oxleys Hill Challenge is well underway with many Bowral Classic riders putting themselves deep into the hurt box for Oxley glory.
It is one of the Southern Highland’s most lung-busting climbs, and literally just a few minutes ride from the centre of town – Bowral’s legendary Oxleys Hill.
Why This Hill?
Unlike many other iconic KOM’s that are located half way through a Fondo or out the back of nowhere, this one – the Bianchi King Of The Mountain on event day – is so accessible to town it’s not funny.
The Oxleys Hill challenge is open to all registered Bowral Classic riders & Strava club members – just complete the climb before 6pm Saturday October 20 for a chance to win one of two Thule vouchers valued at $500!
So what are the current top times?
- Dee Vero, September 16, 5min 46 seconds.
- Pavel Pospisil, September 30, 6min 11 seconds.
- James Yaffa, September 27, 6min 22 seconds.
- Rob Johnston, September 30, 7min 25 seconds
- Jason Kaul, September 19, 8min 34 seconds.
- Megan Scott, September 16, 5min 47 seconds.
- Annett Happitch, September 29, 7min 46 seconds.
The most impressive two efforts will be selected – one male and one female – and those riders will each receive those Thule vouchers valued at $500. So warm up, get puffing, and take the Oxleys Hill challenge soon!
The challenge is open to all registered 2018 Bowral Classic riders and the prize will be awarded following Sunday’s Bowral Classic. You do need to be a member of the Bowral Classic Strava club so we can see your times.