With less than two weeks to go until the 2017 Bowral Classic, now’s the time to be giving some serious consideration to the finer details of the Gran Fondo event.
Just planning a day trip because you’ve heard accommodation’s booked out? Think again! We still have luxury ‘Glamping’ availability on site. In other good news is our friends at Berrima Retreat (1300 761 376) still have some last-minute deals. We’ve also heard the Robertson Hotel has space available – you can phone them on 02 4885 1111. It would also pay to check AirBnB & Stayz. Finally, for further details visit www.southern-highlands.com.au
Is Your Bike Ready For The Challenge?
So close to the Classic you may be perfectly prepared for the ride, but is your bike? Event partners Bianchi Australia are currently offering a generous service discount for Bowral Classic riders – a premium service is available for just $99 (saving $50) and a full pull down & rebuild has been reduced to $199 (from $299).
To claim these special offers phone your local dealer, book a time, then take your bike and Bowral Classic registration ID to any of the following stores.
- Atelier de Velo – 156 Clarence St Sydney – T: 02 9045 1204
- Cheeky Velosport – 28 Clovelly Rd Randwick T: 02 9399 3370
- Le Spit Cyclery – 20 The Spit Rd Mosman T: 02 9968 3920
- The Bike Establishment – 2/256 Newline Rd Dural T: 02 9651 6071
- Pushys – 70 Newcastle Rd Fyshwick ACT T: 02 6280 4984
Relax In The Event Village
Starting to plan your Bowral Classic weekend? This year the event village will be open from 1pm – 4pm on Saturday October 21with an optional event Q&A session from 3pm.
On Sunday the village is open from 9am through to 4pm. After the ride we invite you to enjoy a complimentary cold beer or glass of wine, sample the variety of tasty food on offer and lap up the entertainment and event commentary as riders cross the line.
Your Event Checklist
Participants should have now received their rider packs – email [email protected] if you have any questions.
In coming days you will receive other important event information including a detailed rider guide. We’ve also put together a handy checklist to help ensure you’ve got everything together for the ride.
- Cycling Cap
- Photo ID
- Cycling Glasses
- Nutrition – Note Carmens Muesli bars, Endura Sports Nutrition products along with jelly sweets & bananas will be supplied at each rest stop.
- Bike Pump – One on the bike and a track up in the car for the pre-ride top up. There will be pumps available at the start area but it will be busy.
- Coffee Money – At Rest Stop 1 there will be a coffee van. At Rest Stops 2 & 3 there will be sausage sizzles to help fundraise for local schools
- Cycling Shoes
- Cycling Kit – Suitable for the day’s conditions. Socks, knicks, jersey, gloves, under shirt.
- Winter Cycling Gear – In 2016 many people did not bring enough warm clothes. It is easier to leave it in the car/hotel room than be cold on the day. Remember you can use the drop bag system on Bong Bong St &/or at Rest Stop 1.
- 2 X Inner tubes – Riders should be able to change tubes by themselves, it would be a good idea to practice before the event.
- C02 Canister, cartridges & tyre levers.
- Chamois Cream
- Sun Screen
- Multi Tool
- 2 X Water bottles – filled